- JWG C2 / C5-5 (Development and Changes in the Business of System Operators)
- SC C5 Electricity Markets and Regulation
- SC C5 Strategic Advisory Group
- WG C5-16 (Costs of Electric Service, Cost Allocation Methods, and Residential Rate Trends)
- WG C5-18 (Market price signals and regulated frameworks for regional coordination of grid investments)
- WG C5-20 (Drivers for Major Changes in Electricity Markets)
- WG C5-21 (Impacts of Environmental Regulations on Power Markets)
- WG C5-22 (The Management of Systemic Market Risk in Electricity Markets)
- WG C5-23 (Wholesale Market Price Caps)
- WG C5-24 (Exploring the Market-based value of Smart Grid developments)
- WG C5-25 (Regulation & Market design perspectives raised by new storage technologies)
WG C5-9 Retail Market Design - Customer Switching, Metering and Load Profiles
Three market processes that have an important impact on retail customers are: (1) Customer Switching (CuS); (2) Metering; and (3) Load profile use. Risks associated with these processes are critical, particularly if they are not successfully handled. The need for models of each of these processes has been highlighted by current discussions concerning the liberalised European market.
Scope of the WG: Identify current experience with Customer Switching (CuS); Metering; and Load profiling; and identify any processes and procedures that may negatively affect retail customers.