- JWG C2 / C5-5 (Development and Changes in the Business of System Operators)
- SC C5 Electricity Markets and Regulation
- SC C5 Strategic Advisory Group
- WG C5-16 (Costs of Electric Service, Cost Allocation Methods, and Residential Rate Trends)
- WG C5-18 (Market price signals and regulated frameworks for regional coordination of grid investments)
- WG C5-20 (Drivers for Major Changes in Electricity Markets)
- WG C5-21 (Impacts of Environmental Regulations on Power Markets)
- WG C5-22 (The Management of Systemic Market Risk in Electricity Markets)
- WG C5-23 (Wholesale Market Price Caps)
- WG C5-24 (Exploring the Market-based value of Smart Grid developments)
- WG C5-25 (Regulation & Market design perspectives raised by new storage technologies)
WG C5-15 Risk Management in Evolving Regulatory Frameworks
Electric power markets operate under different regulatory frameworks globally. A common ground is the need for risk management by power market exchanges. However, the methods employed for managing risk vary by market and have evolved over time. The objective of the working group is to better understand the risk management methods employed globally and share lessons learned as well as plans for the future.
It is acknowledged that risk management is a broad subject area that crosses multiple disciplines. Bearing the broad nature in mind, the scope of the working group will be confined solely to market risk and credit risk.