- JWG C2 / C5-5 (Development and Changes in the Business of System Operators)
- SC C5 Electricity Markets and Regulation
- SC C5 Strategic Advisory Group
- WG C5-16 (Costs of Electric Service, Cost Allocation Methods, and Residential Rate Trends)
- WG C5-18 (Market price signals and regulated frameworks for regional coordination of grid investments)
- WG C5-20 (Drivers for Major Changes in Electricity Markets)
- WG C5-21 (Impacts of Environmental Regulations on Power Markets)
- WG C5-22 (The Management of Systemic Market Risk in Electricity Markets)
- WG C5-23 (Wholesale Market Price Caps)
- WG C5-24 (Exploring the Market-based value of Smart Grid developments)
- WG C5-25 (Regulation & Market design perspectives raised by new storage technologies)
WG C5-22 (The Management of Systemic Market Risk in Electricity Markets)
This working group will collect information from various markets on the way in which systemic market risk is approached. The broad approach will be to assess:
– Is there a systemic risk in your market?
– How is the systemic risk addressed?
– Is a central counterparty or clearing house the solution?
– What other methods could be used to mitigate the risk?