- JWG C2 / C5-5 (Development and Changes in the Business of System Operators)
- SC C5 Electricity Markets and Regulation
- SC C5 Strategic Advisory Group
- WG C5-16 (Costs of Electric Service, Cost Allocation Methods, and Residential Rate Trends)
- WG C5-18 (Market price signals and regulated frameworks for regional coordination of grid investments)
- WG C5-20 (Drivers for Major Changes in Electricity Markets)
- WG C5-21 (Impacts of Environmental Regulations on Power Markets)
- WG C5-22 (The Management of Systemic Market Risk in Electricity Markets)
- WG C5-23 (Wholesale Market Price Caps)
- WG C5-24 (Exploring the Market-based value of Smart Grid developments)
- WG C5-25 (Regulation & Market design perspectives raised by new storage technologies)
WG C5-20 (Drivers for Major Changes in Electricity Markets)
This working group will collect information from market operators on major changes to electricity markets in order to understand the purpose of the change, the initiator of the change, the process for selecting the proposed change compared with other possible solutions and the success of the change in meeting it's objective. It will also review the issues around each of these changes and how they were handled.
The outcomes will be an assessment of the overall success of large market change implementations and some understanding of the approaches which can be used to improve the chances of success.